Economical, safe, respectful of the environment.
LPG – Liquefied Petroleum Gas – is a low environmental impact fuel. LPG is a commercial blend of gas derived from processes of oil refining or naturally found in reserves of oil and gas. It consists mainly of propane and butane.
It is a natural gas, but it has the advantage that it can be taken to the liquid state at room temperature by applying pressures only slightly greater than the environmental pressure. In the liquid state it can be easily confined and shipped in pressurized containers.
At the present time in Europe, about 55% of the LPG on the market comes from natural gas, and the remaining 45% from oil refineries. With respect to traditional fuels, LPG has a low energy cost due to the simpler process of mining and processing, with the relative environmental benefits.
LPG is used for heating and carburetion; the fact that at the time of use it is a gas makes it ideal for blending with air for more efficient combustion, reduced consumption and greatly reduced emissions of pollutants.
The product used as fuel for motor vehicles respect the limits established by European standard EN 589.
In the future, LPG will also be obtained from biogas as the fermentation of biomasses (organic waste, solid urban waste, used wood, non recyclable paper, etc.) produces a gas largely composed of a mixture of methane, butane and propane.
Since its foundation, the LPG sold by Gas Auto Sud has been branded with the trademark of a green G.